Ethos & Mission Statement
Scoil Mhuire Allenwood is a Catholic primary school, under the patronage of the Bishop of Kildare and Leighlin. It opened on 30th August 2017 following the amalgamation of Allenwood BNS and Allenwood GNS.
Our mission is to create and sustain a learning environment for the children of Allenwood so that each child is enabled to develop his/her potential by providing the highest standards of teaching and learning, in line with the National Curriculum, in a happy, safe and respectful environment.
The school strives to be a centre of excellence for children from the local catchment area where;
- professional standards are maintained and where pupils learn in a safe, happy environment.
- teachers and staff are sensitive to the needs, cultures and circumstances of each pupil, irrespective of race, colour, creed or ability
- we welcome all new students and families to the school and embrace the opportunities for diversity and multiculturalism within the classrooms
- the uniqueness of each child is nurtured and developed holistically by the school’s child-centred approach to learning.
- the intellectual, spiritual, physical, moral, social and cultural needs of the pupils are identified and addressed
- We hope to foster a love of learning and a yearning for knowledge among our pupils
- We recognise parents/guardians as the primary educators and promote an active parental partnership which contributes to the positive learning experiences of the pupils
- The policies, practices and attitudes of the school, such as those in our dealings with pupils, staff, parents and the wider community are inspired by the values of the Christian Gospel.
- Prayer and reflection will be regular features of the school day thus nurturing in the children, a living relationship with God.
- We seek to equip all pupils with the skills necessary to adapt to the challenges of today’s world.
- We enable the child to see himself/herself as a member of his/her local community and to encourage him/her to participate fully in community activities
- We encourage in the children a respect for property both personal and communal, in the school and in the environment
- We encourage respect for the truth
- We aim to develop self-discipline and promote good interpersonal relationships at all levels
- We aim to develop an strong understanding of Irish culture, heritage and traditions
Together with the parents, staff and Board of Management we work to develop well educated, confident, balanced young people who are outward looking and are able to meet the challenges of life with common sense, integrity and resilience, while rooted in a strong community bond.